‘Get a Clue’ Rules:
- This event will take place live on August 5th.
- You can work as an individual or as a team.
- You must find out who hacked James Body’s Dangerous Demos, with what weapon, and in which room by using alibis to narrow down your list of suspects.
- There are 6 suspects, 6 rooms, and 9 weapons. You can cash in 5 points to receive an alibi, which will give you hints on who hasn’t been involved in the hacking incident.
- You will need 18 alibis to win
- There are 33 clues with varying amounts of difficulty to get. 18 are worth 5 points, 9 are worth 10, and 6 are worth 15. A few will only be worth 1 point.
- The scoreboard will keep track of how many clues each team has found.
You can skip any question that is too difficult or takes too long.
- Feel free to ask anyone for help, even those who are not officially participating.
- Anyone who is in the winning teams room at the end will get a prize!
- No programming skills are required for this game!
- If you just want to observe, choose any team’s room to follow for the duration of the game. If you are in the same room as the winning team, you get a prize!
- Not every clue will be programming centric. Try looking at social media or our website for hints.
- You don’t know how many points each question is worth until after you solve the clue!
- The more difficult the question, the more points it is worth!
- Abbi Minessale, Kevin Garabedian, and David Duffett will not help you cheat. Sharon White might.
- If you get stuck, it may be faster to skip it or ask for help!
- Ask Abbi Minessale, Kevin Garabedian, or David Duffett if you need help finding team members
- Everyone who was in the winning team’s room will all get limited edition ClueCon Deconstructed Swag mailed to them.